VELO Sports Center
The VELO Sports Center is located on the 125-acre Dignity Health Sports Park complex in the city of Carson, CA.
The VELO Sports Center is a 100,000 square foot, $15 million specially designed 250- meter indoor wood bicycle racing track. The VELO Sports Center is also a part of Dignity Health Sports Park's partnership with the USOC as an Official U.S. Olympic Training Site and is a home track to USA Cycling's national track cycling program. The VELO Sports Center hosts training and international competitions for the world's elite cyclists, as well as classes open to the public, at any skill level.
As America's largest indoor velodrome, VELO sports center is committed to the growth of the sport of cycling. Youth, beginner, intermediate, and advanced training programs are available to those curious about cycling or for any aspiring Olympic and World Championship athletes.
Velo Sports Center Facts
- The Velo Sports Center is the first and only permanent indoor track of international standard in North America.
- The Velo Sports Center is a national training center for USA Cycling and is the home track of USA World Champion Sarah Hammer
- 2,450-seat capacity, all with great sight lines
- 250-meter international size track
- Approximately 33 miles of Siberian Pine was used to create the cycling track
- Track circumference at measuring line: 250 meters
- Track width: Seven meters
- Maximum inclination: 45 degrees
- Maximum speed on track:
- About 53 mph (85 km/h)